Filed under Hale

Eighth Grade (So Far)

Since the first semester of eighth grade is coming to an end, I decided to write an article about eighth grade (so far).

I guess eighth grade has been pretty good so far. Only been about 4 months and not that much should happen in that time, but I think I’ve had at least 3 projects in all of my classes, except for math.

In English, we had a suspense story project, a cross-curricular project, a book report poster, and a photography project. In Science, we had a roller coaster project, an evolution project, and a science fair project. In History, we had a Thomas Jefferson face project, a superhero project, a colonial project, and an election of 1800 project.

Oh gosh, don’t even get me started on tests. I have a test almost every week in my Math class and English class. I have a test in History and Science once in a while, but it’s scary to do since it’s a lot of points. Other than that, the tests are pretty easy. I have to admit that they can be a bit stressful because I might have multiple tests in one day, like today, December 7th, I have 4 tests. One in all of my academic classes.

Other than tests and projects, eighth grade has been pretty great. Despise small and stressful arguments, my group has gotten along… most of the time.

I’m not really sure what else to write in this article… how about expectations for next semester?

I guess I expect the second semester to be harder, not that I want it to be harder, but I felt that (not including tests and projects) the first semester was a bit easier than I expected eighth grade to be. I also expect that there will be more projects. Yay! <- that was sarcasm, if you couldn’t tell.

To be completely honest, I don’t get why we have to do certain projects, like the Cross-Curricular project, which is a skit. I mean, we aren’t VAPA, so I don’t get why we have to do art related things. Or the Science fair project. We aren’t STEAM either. I’m not complaining that these projects are or were hard, but I just don’t get why we have to do them. We could do presentations on them or something else.

Anyways, enough about that. I don’t know what else to write. I did reach the 400 word mark. I just need 100 more words now. What should I write about now?

Currently, I need to study for my History test, go over my script for English, and do my evolution project. I’ll talk about the evolution project now.

Our teacher gave us a sheet of paper with 19 different “creatures” on it and we have to make animals or other creatures out of them and show their evolution of how they came to be. It’s pretty cool and it’s due on Monday so I have to figure out a way to finish that, write the essay for it, write the speech for History, and make sure I did everything for my science fair project. That should be easy to do.

Anyways, I reached the 500 word limit, so I guess this is the end of this article.