Filed under Sports

LeBron James

LeBron Raymone James born December 30, 1984 is an American professional basketball player for the Cleveland Cavaliers. He was regarded as one of the greatest NBA players of all time, he has won three NBA championships. James is a 14-time NBA All-Star. James played high school basketball at St. Vincent–St. Mary High School in his hometown of Akron, Ohio. James led Cleveland to the franchise’s first Finals appearance in 2007, ultimately losing to the San Antonio Spurs.James spent four seasons with the Heat, reaching the Finals all four years and winning back-to-back championships in 2012 and 2013. In 2013, he led Miami on a 27-game winning streak.

Early Life

When James was growing up, life was often a struggle for the family,  they moved from apartment to apartment.

High School Career

As a freshman, James averaged 21 points and 6 rebounds per game for the St. Vincent-St. Mary varsity basketball team.

Rookie season 2003 2004

James was selected by his home team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, as the first overall pick of the 2003 NBA draft. In his first regular season game, he scored 25 points against the Sacramento Kings.he Cavaliers finished the season 35–47, failing to make the playoffs despite an 18-game improvement over the previous year.

Miami Heat 2010 2014

James officially became a member of the Heat on July 10, 2010.On December 2, he faced the Cavaliers in Cleveland received the brunt of the criticism for the loss, averaging only three points in fourth quarters in the series. His Finals scoring average of 17.8 points per game signified an 8.9-point drop from the regular season, the largest point drop-off in league history.

Football Career
As a sophomore he was named first team all state.He decided to stop playing high school football before his senior year, after he broke his wrist. he could have played in the National Football League.

2011 2013
Miami matched their best start to a season in franchise history. Miami defeated Oklahoma City for their second ever championship and James’s first championship. In Game 7, he tied the Finals record for most points scored in a Game 7 victory, leading Miami over San Antonio with 37 points.He was named Finals MVP for the second straight season.

National team career

He won the Greece Olympics in 2004. He spent the Games mostly on the bench. The USA  team finished the competition with a bronze medal He was the  first U.S. basketball team to return home without a gold medal. James did not play at the 2010 FIBA World Championship but rejoined Team USA for the 2012 Olympics in London.