Filed under Fiction, Hale

Get Ready for Mandatory Earth Week!

Hale is getting ready to start a new tradition in a few weeks! On the 17th of April, all the way to the 21st of April, Hale will be celebrating Earth Week! This special week will be related to Earth Day in many ways! For almost all activities, attendance is mandatory! On the 17th, Hale will have an after school party! At this party, there will be many smaller events. These include: watching horrific videos of animals losing their homes, a one hour lecture on global warming, and an animal carcass scavenger hunt! This part won’t be mandatory, as it is after school, but going to the party will earn you 20 extra credit points in each class! The entire party will be four hours! To get the points, you have to stay for at least 2 and a half hours.

On the 18th of April, all classes will have an Earth theme! In each of these Earth classes, you will get a large project! These include 1000 word essays, a 100 pound sculpture, and a book report on a 700 page book about the Earth. The name of this book has not been announced yet. Each assignment will be worth 150 points. Trying to cheat on any of these projects will result in punishments, such as expulsion.

On the 19th of April, all students will be forced to participate in a five hour lecture on the dangers of surface mining! Then, they’ll be given worksheet packets. These worksheet packets will contain fun puzzles, and must be turned in the next day.

On the 20th of April, Hale will be participating in a special program. All students shall go on a field trip with their first period teacher. On the field trip, they’ll visit nearby forests. All of these forests are in danger of being completely destroyed, their trees used for lumber. Every student will be chained to a tree, protecting it from being cut down. All students will be left chained for the whole day and night, until the 21st.

Then, when the sun rises on the 21st, the students will be unchained. They will then be taken on a bus back. They’ll be nourished at school, before being sent on the final activity! The students will once again get on the bus. The bus will carry them all the way to the western border of Death Valley. The students will then go on an educational hike, all the way to the California-Arizona border! They’ll each be given five water bottles, and enough food to last them 7 days. They’ll also be given notepads and pencils, and are expected to take notes on all the interesting wildlife they encounter!

Have fun on Earth Week! Be happy that the school has been kind enough to allow you to rid yourself of all your sins towards the environment.

Happy April Fool’s Day!